Ellis Rugby British Lions 1971 Tour Vintage Long Sleeve Rugby Jersey
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Free UK delivery on orders over £75
- Order before 3pm for same day dispatch
- Free UK returns with Royal Mail
- Extended Christmas Returns - 31st January 2024
Ellis Rugby British Lions 1971 New Zealand Tour Classic Long Sleeve Rugby Jersey.
- Manufactured from satin touch 100% cotton, the jersey features a detailed applique crest.
- Herringbone finish on the vents.
- Tape on the neck opening.
An Introduction to British Isles 1971 Vintage Rugby Jersey
The Ellis Rugby British Lions Retro Rugby Shirt is inspired by the jersey worn by the side on the 1971 tour to New Zealand, captained by John Dawes.
The Lions team of 1971 stands out above all others. They went to New Zealand and - as part of a mammoth 26 game tour over 3 months - shocked the All Blacks and won the series. Their victory, by two Tests to one with one drawn was an incredible achievement..
In the squad were the likes of JPR Williams, Barry John, Ian McLauchlan and Willie John McBride, some legendary Lions names.