Ellis Rugby Ireland 1948 Grand Slam Vintage Long Sleeve Rugby Jersey
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Free UK delivery on orders over £75
- Order before 3pm for same day dispatch
- Free UK returns with Royal Mail
- Extended Christmas Returns - 31st January 2024
Ellis Rugby Ireland 1948 Grand Slam Classic Long Sleeve Rugby Jersey.
- Manufactured from satin touch 100% cotton, the jersey features a detailed applique crest.
- Herringbone finish on the vents.
- Tape on the neck opening.
An Introduction to Ireland Rugby Shirt 1948 Grand Slam
The Ellis Rugby Retro Rugby Shirt is inspired by the famous Ireland Rugby Grand Slam of 1948.
Ireland won their first-ever Grand Slam on March 13, 1948 at Ravenhill, the stadium packed to it's 30,000 capacity, with a 6-3 victory over Wales.
It wasn't until 2009 that Ireland were able to repeat their Grand Slam feat, so this shirt recognises a truly special moment in Irish rugby history.